Kent really made our wedding a success. My fiance (now wife) and I had to plan our wedding from 2500 miles away, and Kent was easy to work with the entire time. Without an in-person introduction or much advance planning, Kent showed up and completely helped run the show. He gladly served as MC and worked with the restaurant and reception staff to make things go smoothly. He took a small request list and created 8 hours of continuous, fun music that all enjoyed. He was flexible and took requests from my guests, even supplying some instrumental versions of songs so some guests could sing live. At the end, it really felt like one of our buddies was our DJ, making the whole experience even more enjoyable. I recommend Kent without reservation, and would use him again in an instant.
We absolutely loved working with Joe Bunn DJ Company for our wedding! Steve Stowe was our DJ, and he was classy and professional. He worked with our idea of a traditional southern wedding, and was such a wonderful addition to our reception, keeping everyone dancing all night. Would definitely recommend to anyone!
We had Steve at our wedding and he was perfect!!! Would recommend joe bunn and especially him to anyone throwing an event!!! Steve listened to what we wanted and didn't want and made it happen the night of.
Frank Meldau from Joe Bunn DJ Company had all of our guests dancing the whole night! He played just the music we were looking for and really kept our party going. During our wedding planning he took the time to listen to all our requests and it really showed. Since it was an interfaith wedding, I had asked him to play the Hora and it was a HUGE success. We would highly recommend him to anyone planning a wedding. Brittany and David
Randy Bennett was so flexible and fun to work with! The evening went smoothly because he did such an amazing job. Would recommend Randy and the Joe Bunn DJ Company to everyone!
Randy Bennett was the DJ at our reception on March 29, 2014 at the Stockroom in Raleigh. He was awesome -- he chose the right songs at the right times, and many of our guests told us that the DJ was spot on. He was very professional and did an excellent job with introductions and name pronunciations. Our reception was a really fun party from beginning to end and we had not one gripe with Randy Bennett. We went back and forth about whether to get a DJ or a band, and we are really glad we ended up going with Randy Bennet at DJ Joe Bunn Co. We highly recommend him!
Joe was not good... he was OUTSTANDING. From everything we had heard, we knew he was awesome, but we didn't realize that we were truly getting the best of the best. He helped our reception run smoothly and created the perfect atmospheres for a classy, elegant dinner and then a super fun dance party. During the reception, the Flower Girl and Ring Bearer surprised us by coming down the stairs wearing a Flower Girl jersey and a Ring Bearer jersey; they were holding jerseys for us, too! When they started down the stairs holding our jerseys (Mack's Senior UNC football jersey and a Bride jersey for me), Joe immediately, without any direction, played the UNC fight song! What a memorable moment! From start to finish, his expertise and passion for his art made our reception the best of the best and a night that we will never forget. Joe, we can't thank you enough! :-)
If you are looking for the best individual to DJ one of the most important days of your life, look no further than Joe Bunn himself of Joe Bunn DJ Company. Joe was flawless in his execution of our wedding reception and allowed us to enjoy the day without worrying about the little details. Just a few benefits to working with him include:
- Without a doubt the music was the highlight of the reception, and nearly every invited family or friend was raving about both Joe himself and the music. Both young and old were dancing the entire night and Joe was fantastic in his music selection seamlessly including music from the 1960s-2000s all in a way that allowed the night and party to flow perfectly.
- Simple-to-use online event planner and timeline allowing you to fill in the ideal schedule of events, toasts, introductions, etc
- Music Planner allowing you to outline the songs you do not want played, you absolutely have to play, and you do not mind if it plays giving him an idea of how the music genre should flow throughout the reception.
- Joe takes the reign during the reception ensuring that neither my wife, myself, or our parents had to worry about the flow of events. Just sit back and let his 25 years of experience manage everything while allowing you to enjoy the event stress-free.
As mentioned before, if you are looking for an unforgettable experience with great music there is not a better DJ company to seek than Joe Bunn DJ Company. My wife and I will forever be thankful for seeking out Joe and his services.
Our wedding was great thanks to Randy our DJ!! Everyone was complimenting us on who we picked as our DJ! GREAT JOB!!
Randy was great! Most of my guests left early but there were a few that stayed and had a blast! The music was perfect especially since I had a diverse group of people there. Thanks again!
Randy was our DJ, from Joe Bunn DJ, and did an absolutely wonderful job. My husband and I both serve on active duty in the Army and he worked around our busy, out-of-state schedules to meet with us and personalize our day. He covered the ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception and made everything flow so smoothly. My husband and I have different music loves, soft rock/country and Latin salsa/dance, but Randy managed to flow all of our favorites together throughout the day. Our guests were constantly commenting about how fun the night was, and Randy was a HUGE part of that! I can't thank Joe Bunn DJ enough!
Joe Bunn was amazing. We are so glad he was available to DJ our wedding celebration. He did a great job making sure everything ran smoothly and mixing up the music. All our guests were raving about him. He kept the dancing floor hopping. Everyone told us that Joe Bunn is the best, and now we can say for ourselves that he is the best. And he is also such a nice guy. We loved working with him and hope to have another opportunity soon.
Cortland was our DJ. He did an amazing job with the wedding ceremony and the reception. Great service, easy to work with.
We were so happy with DJ Randy from Joe Bunn DJ Company.Seriously was the best DJ ever. Played the perfect mix of a wide range of music that we loved and appreciated. Cant get better than Randy.
We were told that Randy Bennett was one of the best DJs in Raleigh, and did he ever deliver on that reputation! At our initial meeting with him, he was personable, knowledgeable and experienced about timing of the event/reception, and showed a real passion for music - he manages the song database for the company, so he is familiar with LOTS of songs and genres! He was very helpful with recommendations and suggestions for songs for different instances (cake cutting, etc), and all of your song choices are done online, so it's easy to search for suggested songs by category, artist, name, etc. And if you want a song that they don't have, you just put in the information and they will make sure to get it for you! Randy incorporates your vision for your wedding and personal taste into his attire as well - he has an extensive and impressive collection of cufflinks that he wears to weddings (well-documented on Facebook!). At our reception, Randy was the perfect Emcee - funny and to the point. We picked out a few songs for some of the highlights of our reception, but overall we let Randy do what he does best! The music during dinner was a perfect mix of country and soft rock, and when the floor opened for dancing it was PACKED all night. Randy read our crowd perfectly and kept the dance floor humming the entire time, with a mix of new hits for the young crowd and older favorites for everyone. When my husband and I were on the dance floor, every song would bring a new group of people out there to join us. We were so sad when Randy announced the last dance, but his skillful DJing created some of our favorite memories from the reception (watching people dancing is hilarious). As a total bonus, after the wedding Randy sent us digital files of our Reception music, as well as made us a CD with all the songs, titles and artists so we have a fantastic keepsake to remember the best night ever. Randy was an incredible DJ, and we absolutely recommend him for ANY event!
Mitch from Joe Bunn DJ Company was our wedding DJ. He was absolutely amazing! With all of the craziness going on, Mitch had everyone dancing the night away but also helped us direct the timing of the major events of the evening (introductions, toast, bouquet toss, send off, etc.). We could not have asked for a better DJ to celebrate our big day!
WOW! Randy was our DJ and he was a HUGE HIT! Randy took our preferences and created a great playlist for cocktail hour through dancing. Every guest commented on how great he was - our night even ended with all of our guests chanting Randy's name as a show of their appreciation. He kept the talking to a minimum, but did a great job MC-ing when needed. Overall, Joe Bunn DJ Company provided great customer service at a reasonable price... I'm sure all of their DJs are great, but really, you want Randy for your event!
We love Joe Bunn DJ Company and Randy, our DJ, who did a fantastic job at our wedding.
These are the things we loved:
- Joe Bunn DJ Company has a website that lists hundreds of songs for you to choose from, broken into "Top 200 most popular," "2000s," "90s," "80s", "First Dance," "Father/Daughter," "Cake Cutting," etc. They have a comprehensive list for basically every type of music or scenario you can think of. You can add any song that's not already in their library and they'll get it, but it was so nice having a big list of known hits to choose from, instead of starting from scratch. Really made selecting our music very easy.
- They make sure the night flows seamlessly. You fill out a detailed planning form telling your DJ how you want the night to go. (Ex. cocktail hour starts at x time, play music x during cocktail hour, introductions are at x time, list of names for introductions, etc). This was also great because it had a lot of things I would never have thought of (ex. What do you want to DJ to wear?), and it was very convenient that everything was on one form.
- Some DJs can be obnoxious or awkward with how they introduce couples or how much they're on the mic, but Randy was perfect and so natural
- Randy kept the dance floor packed. This was very important to my husband and me. Randy played all of the songs we requested, but it turned out some of the songs on our list weren't that popular with our guests. Over the course of the night, Randy was able to identify the type of songs that got everyone on the dance floor, and he played more of those, so the dance floor stayed packed (and my husband, me, and all of our guests had a blast).
We would highly recommend Joe Bunn DJ Company and Randy (our DJ) to anyone looking for a wedding DJ and would definitely choose them again, if we had it to do over.
Joe Bunn is a true professional. He made the night seamless. Perfect.
We had Mitch as our DJ for our wedding and he was fantastic. It was easy from start to finish using Joe Bunn DJ Company-definitely the least stressful part of wedding planning. Mitch knew exactly what we wanted and how to read the crowd and make sure he was playing the music that the guests wanted to hear. 5 stars all around.